Due to continued business growth in Ireland and the UK, we are recruiting for Principal Engineers/Geologists to fulfil Project Management duties for multiple ground investigation contracts of varying scale and complexity. We have positions in both our Ballymoney and Balbriggan offices, with flexible working from home options. We are a strong company with low staff turnover which is testament to the positive working culture we have developed.
You will be working for the largest site investigation contractor in Ireland. You will be responsible for the technical management of ground investigation contracts undertaken by the company; to provide guidance and support to the team of site based Geotechnical Engineers/Engineering Geologists; to implement quality control measures in terms of information reported to Clients; preparation and development of Factual and Interpretative Ground Investigation Reports of varying complexity; scoping ground investigations with Clients; ensure Clients’ technical requirements are met; control of the contract budget.
MAIN TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Manage multiple contracts of varying scale and complexity running simultaneously, at various stages of inception. You shall be supported by a strong team, with a dedicated team of Graduate through Main Grade Engineers reporting directly to you to support you in your role and assist with tasks
- Work alongside a team of Project Managers and Site Engineers to provide technical lead on development and issue of technical information and Reports
- Implement quality control systems to improve the standard of information prepared and collated on site, through to the information issued to Clients. Work to continuously improve the standard of the Ground Investigation Reports, the Company’s typical final product
- Implement SHE standards in line with Company and industry policies and guidance
- Prepare Factual and Interpretative Ground Investigation Reports, with a strong leaning towards focusing on interpretation of collated data
- Report to the Contracts Director regarding quality and technical performances on contracts – both personnel and operations.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology, with post-graduate qualification or experience in Geotechnical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the industry (either in a contracting or consultancy background)
- Good technical knowledge in the field of geotechnical engineering
- Ability to produce accurate, concise, well-presented reports within deadlines
- Familiarity with the current ground investigation standards and their implementation
- Good IT and communication skills
- Ability to use AGS data
- Familiarity with geotechnical software packages, such as Holebase SI, Gint, GEODASY (or similar), SLIDE, SlopeW, WALLAP
- Full UK/Ireland driving licence
- Chartered Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist (ICE / IEI / FGS / IGI)
- Experience of slope stability, earthworks, foundation and retaining wall design
- Experience of construction supervision
- Competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience)
- Company car (hybrid/EV options available)
- Private medical insurance and pensions options
- Comprehensive training and development programme
- Flexible working options.
For further information, or to apply for this role, please contact Darren O’Mahony: [email protected]