We are seeking candidates for the roles of Senior Site Engineer/Agent to manage site works across Ireland and Great Britain. You will be based out of either of our HQ in Ballymoney, Co Antrim, or regional office in Balbriggan, Co Dublin. The role shall focus primarily on site based duties, although an overlap between site and office shall routinely occur.
MAIN TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Site management on medium to large sized ground investigation contracts, performing role of Site Agent or Sub-Agent
- Mixture of site and office work intrinsic to the position, between planning and implementation phases
- Contract management, preparation of health and safety plans and their implementation, quality control in accordance with the relevant industry standards, budget management and programme management
- Report to the Contracts Director regarding quality and technical performances on contracts – both personnel and operations
- Be willing to travel to sites across Ireland and GB and work away from home
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology, ideally with post-graduate qualification or experience in Geotechnical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the industry (either in a consultancy or contracting background)
- Good technical and practical knowledge in the field of geotechnical engineering and ground investigation
- Ability to produce accurate, concise, well-presented reports within deadlines
- Familiarity with the current ground investigation standards and their implementation
- Good IT and communication skills
- Full UK/Ireland driving licence
- Ambition and desire to progress in the industry
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a larger team
- Suitability to manage wider site teams, including drilling crews, enabling supervising engineers, logging geologists, technicians
- Chartered Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist (IGI / IEI / FGS / ICE)
- SSSTS/SMSTS/CSR Gold Card
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Over 5 years industry experience in either contracting or consultancy
- Experience of construction supervision
- Competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience)
- Attractive expenses package
- Company vehicle
- Other benefits, including pension and private medical insurance
- Comprehensive training and development programme
- Mentorship to progress to Geotechnical Contracts Manager role.
For more information, please email [email protected] or call +442827666640.